Monday 10 October 2011

Entering Colombia

 Collecting the bikes from the frieghters. They were flown from Panama into Bogota, we followed on a separate flight. We can't cross the Darian Gap, there are no roads through the jungle. Its only about a 100 miles across.
 The hotel in Bogota. the Colombian football team are staying here, so half the time we can't get in for screaming girls.
 A few friends I've picked up on the way. There is a big security presence in Colombia. They don't like tourist being kidnapped anymore, which is good!!!
 A road side petrol station in the mountains on our way to Medellin our second stop off point in Columbia
Riding into Medellin following Dave, our number two support rider. I got stopped by the police again today for crossing a double line ( I know Jan I shouldn't be doing it, but everybody else does it, its just me who seems to get caught) any way Dave arrived behind me and talked them out of giving me a ticket. Top Man. The police are very friendly, which is good because I seem to be meeting them a lot!!

No comments: