Saturday 29 October 2011

Riding the Northern Andes in Peru

 The High Andes in Northern Peru, we are at something like 14000 ft ASL, the bikes are under powered because of the lack of air, but the onboard computer adjusts everything, and suddenly we are getting 500 miles to a tanks of fuel.
 A view from one of our hotels, this is not one of the nicer places we have stayed!!
                                           My bike in the desert.
 We arrive at the Nazcar lines, but you have to take a flight to see them, I don't bother, which turns out to be the right decision because nearly everybody that went were disappointed.
 Just one of the many mountain roads we are riding, but you get the idea. The roads in Peru are fantastic and generaly well maintained.
                                                              That me!
 Now I have to get this right, There are Llama, Alpaca and Vicuna. These are Vicuna.(I think)
                                        These are Alpaca.
 And these are Llama. If I've got this wrong, then one of the nosey B@st$rds in the group will no doubt tell me!
                                 More switch backs, motorcycle heaven.
                                  Forget the name of the town but a fantastic view.
                             Two local lads in their Sunday best.
A shot of my bike. In the back ground are some of the mountain terracing if you look closely. Tomorrow its Maccu Picchu. Watch this space.

No comments: